Thursday 21 September 2017

Prosecco and Strawberry Cake for a Special Birthday

The night before my daughter was due to visit us for her birthday she asked me if I was going to make her a birthday cake!  I had loads to do before the family arrived but just before bedtime I started thinking about making a birthday cake!

Then I remembered that I had been send a Prosecco & Strawberry Cake home baking kit from the subscription baking club called Bakedin.  You join the baking club and get sent a box to make the monthly cake.

You get all of the dry ingredients you will need and each step has the ingredients weighed out and in a plastic bag numbered to correspond with the recipe card.
The card lists what you will need to provide such as for this cake I needed unsalted butter, large eggs, a small amount of milk and strawberries.  Even the Prosecco was included in a small bottle.
Everything else ou will need is included including four foil cake tins, grease-proof liners, instructions and even a wooden skewer to test if your cakes are done.
Let your four layers cool for a few minutes.  Brush each one with the prosecco syrup you made whilst they were baking.  Use the rest of the prosecco syrup for the icing.
Once assembled the cake looked amazing.
The cake made a lovely birthday cake - we sang, candles were blown out then coffee and cake time!
I think the cake looked just as lovely on the inside as it did on the outside.  I personally like more frosting however the lack of frosting gives the new 'naked' cake look!
The cake was really moist and tasted lovely.
I was sent a subscription box to review.  I was not required to write a positive review.  As usual all opinions and photography are my own.  No photographs may be reproduced in any form without my written permission.

3 comments:

  1. This is SUCH a good idea for a subscription box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prosecco and strawberry cake sounds wonderful. I bet your daughter was pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea and you made a fabulous job of it. I am sure it was really appreciated.

    ReplyDelete